Bluetooth® CHRONO SOLAR
- * The colors may differ slightly from the original.
INNOVATION AND TOUGHNESS
NOW WRAPPED IN CARBON
The carbon composite bezel is constructed of resin amalgamated with a lightweight, highly rigid TORAYCA®*1 carbon-fiber material developed by applying NANOALLOY® technology.*2 After layers of unidirectional fibers are alternately stacked in the vertical and horizontal directions and bonded together, the resulting laminated material is cut into the form of a bezel. It is then finished in a pyramid-shaped design inspired by an metal file.
A rotary disc inspired by jet engine blades is mounted at 9 o'clock. The battery level and remaining time on the timer are indicated by a red marker that is visible through the clearance of the blades.
Layer Guard Structure
The bezel structure combines two layers, a metal layer and a resin layer. Six front screws attach it ﬁrmly to the forged stainless-steel case, adding a tough ﬁnish to the powerful exterior.
Tough Solar converts sunlight or artiﬁcial light to ample power to assure stable operation of multiple functions. The system supports a solar-powered Smartphone Link function with a heavy load capability.
- *1 TORAYCA®: High-performance carbon fiber material by Toray Industries is used in a wide range of applications, including: aerospace, high-pressure vessels, wind power generation, automobiles, bicycles, golf club shafts, fishing rods, and more.
- *2 NANOALLOY®: Original Toray Industries nanometer structure control technology makes it possible to combine multiple polymers on a nano-metric scale (one billionth of a meter) for performance that is far superior to previous types of materials. This polymeric material enables high performance and high function that was previously not possible with standard micron order (one millionth of a meter) alloys.
* App screens shown here may differ from actual screens,
The exact time is set automatically by smartphone four times a day. The time in any of 300 cities worldwide can also be displayed promptly with a simple operation on a special smartphone application.
Automatic time correction
The watch is connected to an Internet-based time server automatically and the time corrected four times a day. When crossing between time zones, it switches to local time immediately with the touch of a button.
Data updating system
Regulations governing time around the world, including changes in time zones and Daylight Saving Time starting/ending dates of are entered into the watch’s internal data via the app. The correct time is always displayed based on the latest time information.
300-city World Time
The time in any city selected from a world map or city list is displayed in an inset dial on the watch face with a simple touch of the smartphone screen.
Home Time / World Time display switching
Just the touch of a button on the app switches the times displayed on the main dial and inset dial. This function comes in handy when traveling internationally, for example.
Battery level indicator
The battery charge level can be checked on the app. Wearing or storing the watch in an environment that enables solar recharging helps to keep the battery charged.
Operating a button on the watch sounds an alert on a misplaced smartphone.
Even when set to the silent mode, the phone sounds out clearly to announce its location.
Supported Phone Models (As of August 2017)
- iOS: iOS 10 or later
- Android: Android 6.0 or later
- * Bluetooth installed smartphone only.
- * The Bluetooth® wordmark and logo are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of these marks by Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is under license.
- * Apple, Apple logo and iPhone are trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- * IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. registered in the U.S.
- * Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
- * All other company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- * List of Countries and Geographic Areas where Product Conforms to Radio Laws or Has Been Approved.