Mobile Link Function Precautions
- This product complies with or has received approval under radio laws in various countries and geographic areas. Use of this product in an area where it does not conform to or where it has not been approved under applicable radio laws may be punishable under local laws. For details, see the separate "List of Countries and Geographic Areas where Product Conforms to Radio Laws or Has Been Approved".
- Use of this product inside of an aircraft is restricted by the aviation laws of each country. Be sure to obey instructions provided by flight personnel concerning use of devices such as this product.
Precautions when Using Mobile Link Functions
- Keep the phone close to (within about two meters of) the watch during use. Objects (walls, furniture, etc.) and/or the structure of the building you are in can greatly reduce the communication range.
- Communication may also be affected by other equipment (electrical equipment, AV equipment, OA equipment, etc.). An operating microwave oven in particular can affect communication and even make communication impossible. Use of this watch may also cause interference in TV or radio reception, and disturb video images.
- Since the Bluetooth function of this watch uses the same frequency band (2.4 GHz) as wireless LAN devices, its use in proximity of a LAN device may cause radio interference, slow down the data rates of the watch and other nearby wireless LAN devices, and cause signal noise and connectivity problems.
Disabling Signal Emission from the Watch
The Bluetooth icon () on the watch display, either flashing or not flashing, indicates that the watch is emitting radio signals.
When you are in a hospital, an aircraft, or anywhere else where the use of radio signals prohibited, you can disable the emission of signals by holding down B in the Timekeeping Mode. This will also cause the Bluetooth icon to disappear from the watch display.
There is no connection between the watch and phone when the Bluetooth icon is not on the display. For more information, see "Disabling Bluetooth on the Watch".
Power Saving Precautions
Power Saving is enabled under initial factory default settings.
When Power Saving is enabled and there is a connection between the watch and a phone, the watch will automatically cut the connection and enter a Power Saving state (returns to the Timekeeping Mode, Power Saving icon flashing on the display) if the watch is not moved or if you do not perform any button operation for about an hour.